I have been intrigued with the idea of picking blueberries since Abby turned one. That was two years ago ... Finally the day came , and we all loaded up to go to the Blueberry farm. We were to arrive at about 7:30 p.m. ( I love this time of day during the summer )
My love for picking berries started when I was a kid. My parents and sisters and I would all go for a walk to the blackberry patch and spend hours just picking away. My mom would then make the best blackberry cobbler (we always made sure we had more than enough berries so that she could make plenty of cobbler ). So, when I found out they had a "BLUEBERRY FARM" right down the road-- I was on it !!! I just had to convince Gifford that he would have a good time.
Anywhoo -- we arrived shortly after 7:30. Abby and I really didn't know where to start, but once we did, we didn't know when to end. "Look, mama, I found one; Oh! and look -- there's a bunch over there: Mama, I got the biggest one !; Mama, did you see that bunny hoppin' ober there?; Daddy, you need to get those ones up high; Mama, is Aleah gonna pick any 'cause she's too little ?; And on and on and on... "
I felt like we were back in the olden days when they had to pick their own crops. I absolutely loved it, but couldn't believe that many of them had to work like this pickin' all day long. My grandmother used to pick cotton all day -- I can't even imagine. The sun started to go down and all four of us were tired from our adventure. Abby could not stop talking about how much fun she had at the blueberry farm.
When we got home , we all had a shower and had blueberries with a tall glass of milk. All this waiting was worth it !!! We will go again next year :)
1 comment:
Yeah for the blueberry farm!!! It sounds like you guys had such an awesome time... I'm glad Abby enjoyed it; I can hear her saying all those things.. Love you!
Post a Comment